Time for some fun! How well do you know your wedding trivia?
1. Where does the tradition of the wedding cake come from?
A. From ancient Rome, where revelers broke a loaf of bread over a bride’s head for fertility’s sake.
B. From Germany because something sweet will make for a happy marriage.
C. No one knows.
D. There are several theories – but most people believe it was a tradition that started with Queen Victoria.
2. Saturday is the unluckiest wedding day according to English folklore. True or False
3. In the United States what percentage of brides does not take the groom’s last name?
4. Queen Elizabeth II had 12 wedding cakes. The one she cut at her wedding was nine feet tall and weighed 500 pounds. True or False?
5. We all lead busy lives. It has been said that the average married couple spends how much time alone together each day?
A. 1 Hour
B. 2 Hours
C. 30 Minutes
D. 4 Minutes
6. Men in love show more activity in the visual part of the brain, while women in love show more activity in the part of the brain that governs memory. True or False.
7. Kissing burns how many calories a minute?
A. 6.4 Calories
B. 20 Calories
D. It varies
8. A marriage in which a woman is two or more years older than her husband is 75% likely to end in divorce. True or False.
9. Why is a marriage ceremony typically ended with a kiss?
A. Because the couple wants to show everyone how much they care for each other.
B. It’s just the thing to do.
C. In ancient Rome, a kiss was a legal bond that sealed contracts, and marriage was seen as a contract.
D. The kiss means the wedding couple will always have an intimate and faithful relationship.
10. The act of kissing releases masses of oxycotin, a “love portion” that helps couples bond. Through bonding, each lover’s face becomes personally attractive to the other. True or False.