With many brides opting to have fewer guests at their wedding, the question often arises as to how to cut your wedding guest list without stirring up any tension. You and your future spouse probably know a lot more people combined than you realize. So – here are a few tips on how to cut your list to a reasonable and affordable number without drama or hurt feelings.
- Rule #1 – If you haven’t spoken to a relative in years, don’t feel obligated to invited them to your wedding. It’s not a family reunion.
- Do you have friends that you’ve grown apart from or no longer speak to frequently – that’s an easy cut.
- Your work connections could be huge, so only those who are truly good friends should be invited.
- Make your wedding an ADULTS ONLY event. Give couples with kids ample notice to arrange for alternative care for the night. Those couples might really enjoy a kid-free night.
- Remove Plus Ones you’ve never met. If you’ve never met the person, why buy them a dinner?
A wedding is a celebration for you and the person you’re marrying – and should be shared with those closest to you.