Not all weddings have to be expensive and extensive. Sometimes the best weddings are the smaller, more intimate ones. Just because you are low on funds, doesn’t mean you can’t get married. I’ve seen some terrific weddings with less than 10 people!
- The easiest way to save money on the reception is to limit the guest list. As you compose your guest list, ask yourself: “How close is this person to me. Is it important to share my day with them?”
- When you have your guest list, decide on a venue. There are lots of places that are SUPER affordable. Generally look to city venues such as St. Charles County’s Quail Ridge Lodge or Blanchette Memorial Hall, Des Peres’ Lodge, etc. Also, check our Fraternal Halls like the Elks, Knights of Columbus, etc. And don’t forget restaurants with private rooms depending on the size of your guest lists. Also look at alternative days such as Fridays and Sundays as there are usually discounts for those days. Plus, if you book your wedding close to a holiday, decorations might already be installed for the venue itself.
- Buffets and food stations are you best bet. Smaller, private catering companies can custom create a menu of perhaps appetizers and include budget stretching food items like pasta con broccoli, chicken and linguine, etc. Throw in some fresh fruit and cheese and easy to make dollar sandwiches. Brunch is a great option for Sunday weddings.
- Limit the bar at the reception. Or, serve only beer and wine.
- Skip the Save-the-Date and fancy invitations. With today’s computer software, it’s easy to custom design a personal invitation and print it yourself.
- Order a smaller cake and hide a larger sheet cake in back to cut for guests.
- Suits for guys are fine and consider shopping other than at a bridal fashion shop for a dress. If you do shop at a bridal store, many of them have discounted dresses and clearance sales.
- For flowers make your own bouquet. Wholesalers, such as Sam’s or even Trader Joe’s, have a nice selection of flowers that you can craft into your own bouquet.
- Skip the party bus and the limo.
- Hire a real Photographers for 2 Hours for the ceremony and formals. (These photos you will have for a lifetime!)
- If you have a friend with music skills, they can play or create music tapes to play that day.
- Give yourself a hand! You just created a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank!
BUDGET (For 25 guests):
- $ 375.00 Venue
- $ 0 Invitations:
- $ 600.00 Food & Drinks
- $ 75.00 Cake
- $ 200.00 Dress & Suit
- $ 200.00 Officiant
- $ 100.00 Flowers
- $ 450.00 Photographer
TOTAL: $2000.00 !!