Saying “I DO” can be a budget buster. Here are some additional tips and hints to save on your celebration:
- Keep the wedding guest list under 100.
- Limit the wedding party – keep it small. This cuts down on the cost of attendant bouquets and gifts to each member in the wedding party.
- Consider having the ceremony and reception at the same site – thereby paying only one site fee and possibly fewer total hours.
- Have your wedding on a Friday or Sunday. Lots of vendors charge less on these days.
- Why not an early morning or early afternoon wedding. You can eliminate a lot of alcohol and possibly a band/disk jockey.
- Talk to a photographer with special prices for Friday/Sunday weddings, or possibly limit photography to just six hours.
- Set up a wedding checking account and make deposits monthly. Use only that money for the wedding allowing you to see what you are spending, and a better way to stay on top of the budget.