If you are getting married, you NEED to attend a BRIDAL SHOW, because that’s part of the fun and excitement of getting married. In addition, you will see lots of ideas that you might not have thought of. Besides – the right show – can be very educational as well as fun. And then – there are lots of great deals and discounts offer by participating wedding professionals, saving your money!
Many brides tell me that they are thoroughly overwhelmed the first time they attend a bridal fair, so I thought it might be good to lay out a few guidelines to help you make the most of your time.
- Before you go – print several sheets of adhesive address labels with your name, contact information, AND wedding date. Quickly peel off a label and stick it on an inquiry sheet at any booth that you would like to receive additional information.
- Bring your checkbook – you just might want to book or hold a date. High demand dates can go quickly.
- Bring family or friends you trust, and whose opinion matters. But be careful of the size of your group. Too many opinions – and you could be overwhelmed with indecision.
- Invite your groom – but take him only if he wants to have a voice in this part of the wedding planning. If this is not his thing, don’t torture him!
- Know what you are looking for and what’s your budget.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Be ready with phrases such as, “I’ll think about that.” And always give yourself a set amount of time and make a decision. One of the biggest causes of stress in wedding planning is not making decisions on a timely basis…and then things start to really back up and you’ll find yourself in a spin trying to finalize decisions.
Whether your wedding is a few months away or an entire year, a bridal show will help you pull everything together.