Every bride needs some practical advice for relieving wedding stress. You won’t feel overwhelmed if you follow these simply seven steps:
- Lists are your best friends! This is the biggest party that you probably will ever plan so there will be hundreds of details, and more details. The beauty of lists, spreadsheets, budgets, and timelines is that they will keep your life organized. Stress is many times caused by that feeling that you have no idea of what’s going on. And being organized and on top of things definitely keeps you in control and minimizes that stress.
- Delegate! Your maid of honor and bridesmaids are there for a purpose. Also just ask friends when you need some additional help. You will be surprised how eager everyone will be to be a part of your big day.
- Appoint a Wedding Day Contact: On your big day you really don’t want to be dealing with last minute details, like which tables get which centerpieces, etc. Choose a reliable person who knows your like and your dislikes, and make them the go-to person for last minute coordination.
- Eat small meals throughout the day. We all get cranky when we are not full, as the commercial says, so eat lightly throughout the day. At this point, that sandwich is not going to make a difference about how you’re going to look in your dress.
- Take a deep breath. If you find yourself overwhelmed, take several deep breaths. Stop. Relax. Think about all the things about the groom that you love. Think about the time you first met. It’s amazing how that will transform you.
- Schedule Time to Relax & Rejuvenate. Okay, you’re getting married and I tell you to rest and maybe even try to get more sleep. Impossible! I understand. Take that day before the wedding and pamper yourself, visit a spa near you, or just relax at home with a favorite movie. Keep the alcohol in check, because a hangover is no way to start your big day. There will be plenty of time to party on your big day.
- SMILE. You’re there. This is your wedding day! Just have a wonderful time. You worked hard for this day, so let happen what may be, and just enjoy the day.