All women want to look their very best on their wedding day – beautiful, confident and radiant! Here are some tips to ensure that you make a GREAT choice when it comes to your choice of bridal gown.
- Start NOW to find your dress. If you plan to order a designer gown it can take up to six months to arrive after it is ordered. Plus – every gown will need some alterations to fit perfectly.
- Don’t let anyone persuade you into purchasing a particular dress – not your mother, your fashionista friend, or an opinionated maid of honor. Choose the dress YOU LOVE and the dress that makes you feel beautiful.
- We all love to get a great deal. But this is one time you don’t want to make a decision purely on price. Find dresses that are within your budget and choose from those selections.
- Believe me when I tell you, make sure your dress is comfortable! Can you sit, dance, and relax in your dress? Good undergarments and a dress that fits right is so essential. At 8 o’clock when it’s time to party you will be glad that you followed this tip.
- Locate a reliable, reputable and well-respected shop instead of shopping online. Good service and advice is worth a lot more than saving a few dollars. I went to a wedding last year where the bride wore a “pink” dress– it was a bright, hot pink! She ordered it online, and it arrived just a few days before the wedding. The online photos showed this dress as a “very, light delicate baby pink. NOT! It was a hot pink and the bride had no choice but to wear it
- Don’t buy your dress based on your street clothes size. Bridal gowns don’t run true to your typical dress size. Don’t buy a smaller gown because you are planning to lose weight before your wedding day. Remember, it’s easier to have a dress taken in if you lose the weight than trying to find an extra inch to let out.
- Need help finding a good Bridal Shop. Check out our Preferred Wedding Partners. We have vetted them and we know they provide great service and they are reliable.