At this time of year, if you are planning a winter wedding and celebrating the Holidays, you might feel that things are spiraling out of control. Even if your wedding is several months away, here are seven golden ideas to keep you in control:
- Stay within your budget. (Yes, you really need to create a budget, or you will go crazy.)
- Get it in writing – All agreements with wedding vendors should be in writing.
- Ask for help – Being able to afford a wedding planner is great, but if you can’t afford one, be sure to ask family and friends for help.
- Create a Timeline – You know the date you are getting married, so make an “action” schedule for things that need to be done. Don’t wait until the last minute to do everything.
- Go with the BEST photographer you can afford – This is the MOST permanent reminder of your wedding, and those images will be something you will cherish for years.
- Be Realistic – You wedding is one day in your forever lives together. It’s not about the “perfect” shade of rose color flowers or other problems; it’s all about committing to love the one you care about.
- Pamper Yourself – Ever so often take a “day off” from wedding planning. Get out and have fun.