I love the fun and excitement of getting ready that occurs in the girl’s getting ready room. There are lots of special moments that unfold that beg to be captured by your photographer. Perhaps it is your sister’s special hug or gift, or your best friend’s “something old” that she has given you – all these moments are so very special.
Here is what I hate – bags, shoes, underwear, empty food containers, water bottles and a complete mess all around the room! Your photographer will do their best to capture the events, but honestly, let’s have your girls pick up as they go – and a firm reminder from you, goes a long way. The benefit is that your photos will not have the distractions of the messy environment, and those photos will emphasis the event and the emotion. Remember you will be looking at these photos years from now!
And now for putting on the dress.
- Tip #1: Always go potty BEFORE you put on your dress.
- Tip #2: Be sure your photographer is there to capture the moment. Don’t put on the dress before he/she arrives.
- Tip #3: Putting on your wedding dress can be an incredibly beautiful, fun and captivating moment. Most photographers recommend that you pick one person to assist you, sometimes your mother or your maid of honor. Having less people will make the moment more relaxed, let you enjoy it, and allow your photographer to capture more of you and your dress, rather than a sea of people.
- Tip #4: To keep your hair and makeup fresh, if you are putting the dress on over your head, raise your arms up and out to protect your hair and makeup.
- Tip #5: Put on your own jewelry. A sea of people – adjusting your dress, adding your bracelet, one adding a necklace – just way to much going on at one time. I see people looking like they are dressing a Barbie Doll, and the bride just trying to accommodate everyone! It’s crazy. Put on most of your own jewelry, but if you have one piece that’s important to you (or hard to get on) have ONE person help you with this. Shoes do require help – who can see their feet in those big fluffy or tight dresses.
And one last, little thing. Why do all girls hold onto their boobs? Really? Once the dress is on, let go! Do you want all your photos to show you holding up your boobs?