Here are 7 points to consider as you begin the search for your “perfect” wedding dress. So many of you have had dreams of your big day, and the pressure to find the wedding dress that matches that dream is unreal. Here are some suggestions to de-stress and enjoy the experience.
- Most bridal shops prefer you schedule an appointment and it is always best to schedule that appointment earlier in the day as the staff and you are both more relaxed and energetic.
- Your first decision is finding which dress silhouette works for you – Ballgown, Trumpet, Sheath, etc. Decide on which style flatters you the most.
- Dresses with beautiful trains, and detailing along the hem are great, but don’t forget about the top of your dress as well, as that part of your dress will be in most of your wedding photos.
- Stay away from “trends” and go with what you love.
- Don’t suffer from wedding dress overload – going to store after store, and trying on dress after dress. Too many choices causes stress and confusion.
- Don’t freak out about the “size” of your dress as most bridal gowns run two to three sizes larger than you regular size.
- Your dress should match the activities and style of your wedding. Ask yourself questions like, “Do you feel beautiful in this dress?”, “Can I dance and move around all night?”, “Can I sit down?”.
(Note: All images from the Morilee Collection.)