Dating is one thing, but making a life commitment is different. How can you be sure the match is the right one for you? Here are five signs that you should evaluate before saying “I DO.”
- You are OPEN with each other. Can you share with him all the details about yourself, your feelings, your likes and dislikes? Does HE also share with you or does he not discuss his ideas, feelings, and emotions. Does the conversation always shy away from his background, desires and needs?
- It’s okay to have disagreements. If you have a disagreement can the two of you work it out together? Evaluate how well you are able to communicate and resolve issues.
- Does he have a good sense of humor? Can he make you laugh and raise your spirits? Does he joke at your expense? Does he joke at inappropriate time? You are looking for a sense of humor that is generous and positive and one that makes life fun.
- He has opinions. You have opinion. Can you respect each other’s opinion without having the other person needing to agree with you?
- He has a healthy, balanced attitude on life. At times it great to be playful and other times it’s important to take on an adult, be responsible, attitude. A balanced life includes time for fun, relaxation, careers, hobbies, and time with family and friends.